Staff Accountant- Tax
Prepare and submit premium, state income, and local returns for review by Tax Specialist. Assists with Federal tax return and monthly tax provision for financial statements. Maintain accounts, records, ledgers, and statements of the Company’s financial condition.
- Prepare and file all estimated and annual premium tax forms and payments.
- Account for state taxes, including quarterly state tax accrual entry and annual filing. Use state tax software to prepare all state returns and extensions. Maintain spreadsheet of tax detail and accrue related expenses.
- Prepare and file all local tax returns and accounts for any quarterly estimated payments and related accruals.
- Assist in the annual preparation of the US Federal tax return.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly tax provision.
- Prepare account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- EFT federal tax payments for income and excise taxes on a quarterly basis.
- Perform other duties and special projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university
- 0-3 years working in public accounting tax role
- A solid, demonstrated understanding of accounting concepts
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
- Detail-oriented with high competency for identifying trends and detecting errors
- Database, spreadsheet, and word processing knowledge required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise manner
- Working knowledge in general and tax accounting theory and principles
Reports To: Financial Reporting Manager
Job Level: 5
Number of Openings: 1
|Submit Your Resume|