To supervise and evaluate accounting and financial reporting functions.
Main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, review and analyze financial statements, footnote disclosures, reports, calculations and analysis. Supervise the operation of an accounting team within the department. Plan, monitor and control the workflow to ensure that reporting deadlines are met.
- Supervise assigned employees. Make recommendations regarding proper personnel practices including hiring, performance evaluation, salary administration, promotion, and termination. Train and develop staff.
- Research technical accounting standards.
- Provide analysis and reports to management, as well as identifying areas of process improvement.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of insurance accounting methods, principles, procedures and requirements of accounting systems.
- Coordinate reporting requirements with management from other departments.
- Work with examiners, internal auditors, and external auditors as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university.
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- A solid, demonstrated understanding of accounting concepts.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Reports To: Financial Accounting Manager
Job Level: 7
Number of Openings: 1
|Submit Your Resume|